My Meanderings

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Lost But Not Found

its funny how predictable a person is when confronted with a crisis... according to pyschiatist we follow the pattern:

denial – depression – desperation – anger – acceptance

i just went thru that pattern this afternoon...

i just came back from climbing tarak ridge in mariveles... i rode a bus from mariveles to manila... on the way to manila my companions gf sent message... she was asking what time were we going back to olonagapo... i replied that i wasnt going back to olongapo... but her bf is probably on his way to olongapo... i slept most the time during the trip... got off the bus at sm city north edsa... and went straight to the fx taxi terminal... when i got there... there was already an fx with waiting for one passenger... i immediately went in… and as i reach down my pockets it was then i realized something... my phone was not in my pocket...

(denial)
my first reaction was to search thru my pockets... i was wearing cargo pants... so more pocket means... i might have forgotten which pocket i put my phone into... but it wasn’t in any of my pockets... i checked my backpack... it wasn’t there either...

(depression)
and then it finally struck me... IVE LOST MY PHONE... i began to blame myself for again being to careless... why didn’t i checked my seat when i left my seat at the bus... why did i put it back inside my backpack where i usually keep it...

(desperation)
when i got home i immediately dialed my number... and i was answered by a recorded message... “the number you dialed is either unattended or out of coverage area” i dialed again... and i got the same answer... i got the yellow pages... and looked for the number of bus company... i was hoping that some good samaritan might have turned it over to the conductor...

(anger)
but sister kept on insisting that i call smart first to deactivate my sim... i could concentrate on looking for the number of the bus company... i sort of lost my temper... and shut her out... and continued to dial the bus company...

(acceptance)
when i dialed the bus terminal the line was busy... and then I redialed and it was still busy... and then realize how hopeless it was for me retrieve my phone... I finally dialed smart and deactivated my account... after I finished my call to smart I dialed the bus company... I gave them a description of the phone and my contact number... if ever they find my phone... but right now im not holding my breath...

but i guess some good will eventually come out of this... i hope...

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home